This free printable packet features ten colorful puzzles including:
- Duck Words [dabbling, poultry]
- International Currency [guilder, pound]
- Castle Words [citadel, rampart]
- Searching Medieval Villages [feudalism, manor]
- Name That Animal! [flock, stallion]
- Bird Words [alula, ornithology]
- Weapons Throughout History [halberd, saber]
- Constellations of the Northern Hemisphere
- Constellations of the Southern Hemisphere
- Car Words [carburetor, lowrider]
All but one of the puzzles are search-a-word puzzles. Two of these use the leftover letters to spell out a mystery message. Name That Animal! is a crossword puzzle about the specific names of male, female, and young animals as well as animal groups.
ALL the puzzles come with answer keys.
These puzzles can be used for almost any age group and can be used for:
- English vocabulary building
- science, history, or vocational classes
- extra credit or homework
- summer or extracurricular fun
Sample pages from this packet — click to view larger:
Click Here to open this free printable packet!
Please remember that all Fran’s Freebies are for your own personal home or classroom use only and may not be distributed by any means to anyone else besides your own students.
If you enjoy these free puzzles worksheets, please pay it forward by sharing this page with your friends and followers so that they may enjoy them as well. Thanks! 😀
Share this page:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)