This 14-page printable packet can be used as a complete topical unit study on the Earth’s atmosphere. Not only does it include worksheets for review and practice, but also a thorough introduction to the layers of the atmosphere and the composition of air, along with instructions for students to create a hands-on 2D diagram – in two different styles!
Included in this printable packet are:
- full page diagram of the Earth’s atmopheric layers in black and white
- black and white introduction page explaining each layer of the atmosphere – including the ionosphere and the ozone layer
- black and white page with a pie chart, explaining air composition
- black and white blank atmospheric layers diagram for labeling
- Atmosphere Basics – review questions worksheet and answer key
- Layers and Gases of the Atmosphere – matching and search-a-word puzzle worksheet and answer key
- The Puzzling Atmosphere – crossword puzzle and answer key
- 4-page hands-on activity: Layers of the Atmosphere Diagram
- full page of instructions for both diagram styles
- blank page for diagram style #1
- items to cut and glue to make diagram style #1 – and as extras for style #2
- base diagram for labeling and embellishment (style #2)
Style #2 diagram only requires writing and coloring with a blue and a red pencil.
Style #1 diagram also requires a glue stick or other adhesive, plus colored paper or construction paper in 5 different colors.
Sample pages from this packet — click to view larger:
Click Here to open this free printable packet!
Please keep in mind that all Fran’s Freebies are for your own personal home or classroom use only and may not be distributed to anyone else.
If you enjoy this worksheet packet, please consider leaving a little feedback below or using the social media icons below to share this page with your friends and followers. Thanks! 😀